- Atos Medical – Supplier of Provox
- Basics of a Total Laryngectomy
- Electrolarynx speech
- Esophageal speech
- Heat and Moisture Exchanger
- Living with a total laryngectomy
- Voice prosthesis speech
- Voice rehabilitation
- What to do if your voice prosthesis is leaking?
- How to prepare for a total laryngectomy
- What Is a Total Laryngectomy?
- Speaking after a laryngectomy
- How to use the Provox Plug
- Information on COVID-19 and tips for laryngectomy patients
- Tips for voice prosthesis users during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Tips for electrolarynx users during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Stoma care during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Make sure that you have the correct type and size of plug that is designed for your type of voice prosthesis.
- Wash your hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds making sure to wash in between your finger and both sides of your hands.
- If you have difficulty inserting the Provox Plug, ask someone to help you. They should wear protective equipment such as a mask when needed, because you might cough when the plug is inserted.
Clean the plug with warm soapy water and rinse with clean water.
Place the plug on the back of the Provox Brush.
You will need to apply some pressure to put the plug in place.
Insert the plug into center of the voice prosthesis.
Secure the plug by taping it to your neck.
Once you are done eating/drinking, you can carefully remove the plug by gently pulling on strap.
To keep using your HME while the plug is in place, you can pull it through the center of the adhesive. Then insert and remove the HME carefully.
Watch this guidance video on how to use Provox Plug
- You will need to apply some pressure to put the Provox Plug in place, which might make you cough. Make sure to have tissues ready just in case.
- Tape the plug strap to your neck with skin friendly tape.
- Once you are done eating and drinking, you can carefully remove the plug so that you can speak again.
- If you have difficulty inserting the plug, ask someone to help you, and leave the plug in place until you can see your clinician.
- To keep using your HME while the plug is in place, you can pull the plug strap through the center of the adhesive. Then insert and remove the HME carefully without moving the plug.
- You can also place the adhesive on top of the plug strap. Make sure to be cautious when removing the HME and adhesive to avoid pulling on the plug strap which could cause it to come out.
- You can place the plug strap to the right or left to make it easier to clean your stoma with the plug in place.
- When you have a plug in place you will not be able to speak with your voice prosthesis. Consider using an electrolarynx like Provox TruTone Emote or Provox SolaTone Plus during those times. Your clinician can advise you about this.
- Store and keep the Provox Plug in a clean container.
Clean the Provox Plug every time before you insert it and after you have removed it. Clean in warm soapy water (min. 50°C and 2 drops of dish soap to 250ml). Disinfect the plug at least once per day. Use one of the following methods:
- Ethanol 70% for 10 minutes
- Isopropylalcohol 70% for 10 minutes
- Hydrogenperoxide 3% for 60 minutes
Use the correct Provox Plug
- Use Provox Vega Plug for Provox Vega and Provox Vega XtraSeal. The Provox Vega Plug diameter should match the diameter of the voice prosthesis; 17, 20 or 22.5Fr.
- Use Provox Plug for Provox ActiValve and Provox 2.
- There is no plug for Provox NiD.
|Provox Voice Prosthesis||Plug||Plug Ref. no|
|Provox Vega, 17Fr||Provox Vega Plug, 17Fr||8119|
|Provox Vega, 20Fr||Provox Vega Plug, 20Fr||8129|
|Provox Vega, 22.5Fr||Provox Vega Plug, 22.5Fr||8139|
|Provox Vega XtraSeal, 17Fr||Provox Vega Plug, 17Fr||8119|
|Provox Vega XtraSeal, 20Fr||Provox Vega Plug, 20Fr||8129|
|Provox Vega XtraSeal, 22.5Fr||Provox Vega Plug, 22.5Fr||8139|
|Provox ActiValve||Provox Plug||7505|
|Provox 2||Provox Plug||7205|
We will get back to you within the next couple of days.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com
Your Atos Medical Support Team
we was not able to send the e-mail. Please check your internet connection and try again.
If you will get this message few times more, please write e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Atos Medical Support Team
We look forward to see you!
Please try again.
If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact us